So the question of the day always seems to be “what’s for dinner?” This was asked as we were walking through our favorite membership store (Costco). We decided to grill and instead of our favorite standby, baked potatoes, because they were out of Yukon Gold (how does that happen, right???) I spied a bag of baby creamers. Yum….
If you can’t find a bag of baby creamers, don’t panic! Yukon gold or russet potatoes will work just fine!
I used fresh herbs from our herb garden; rosemary, thyme, basil, and marjoram, however if you don’t have fresh herbs dried are just fine, (although you’ll need to use a little less of the dried herbs).
These potatoes are oven roasted and crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. This dish goes well with just about anything! Steak, chicken, fish, turkey – you name it! Our family loves potatoes and this is definitely a keeper! Enjoy!
HERB AND GARLIC PARMESAN POTATOES
Prep time 10 mins Cook time 20 mins Total time 30 mins
These potatoes are the perfect side dish for steak, chicken, fish, turkey or??? They are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside and puffs of deliciousness!
- 2 pounds baby potatoes halved (Yukon or Russet will work as well however you may need to quarter the potatoes depending on size)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp each chopped herbs (I used rosemary and thyme. If you don’t have fresh herbs you can substitute dried herbs or even herbes de provence)
- 1 tsp chopped basil
- 1 tsp chopped marjoram
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan-Reggiano cheese (you can use regular Parmesan cheese as well however we like the additional nutty flavor of Parmesan-Reggiano cheese)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine fresh herbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cheese in a small bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the seasoning and cheese mixture, tossing to coat once again.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spread the potatoes in a single layer. Top the potatoes with any seasoning and cheese mixture left in the bowl.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the size, or until potatoes are tender. Check the potatoes at 20 minutes so you don’t overcook them.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!