I had this cake for the first time in my life at a friend’s dinner party. This cake is so delish! It was hard to not eat the entire cake by myself. Before I left I asked my host for the recipe. On my way home he sent me a text with this picture. I thought for sure that this was an old family recipe but it turns out that this picture can be found on the internet. Regardless, the cake is so amazing I needed to share it with others. I did not put nuts into my cake and I used white rum instead of dark rum. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Cake
- 1 15 and 3/4 oz pkg of yellow cake mix
- 1 3.4 oz pkg of Jell-o Vanilla Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of Bacardi Dark Rum (I used the white rum)
Ingredients for Glaze
- 1/4 lb of butter
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of Bacardi Dark Rum (I used white rum)
Directions for Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a 10″ tube or 12 cup Bundt pan.
- Mix all the cake ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for an hour.
- Allow cake to cool and then invert onto serving plate.
- Prick the top of the cake.
- Spoon and brush glaze evenly over the top and sides of cake.
- Allow cake to absorb all the glaze. Repeat until glaze is used up.
Directions for Glaze
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in water and sugar.
- Boil for 5 minutes while constantly stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in rum.